Get the Facts.
You may not have heard much about adoption, but adoption is another option for you to consider. Women choose adoption for a variety of reasons. No matter what your situation , adoption is a loving choice you can make for you and your baby.
These are a few things you may not know about adoption:
- You can be involved in choosing an adoptive family for your baby.
- You can plan and make choices regarding the adoption process.
- There are more families waiting to welcome a baby into their lives through adoption than there are babies to be adopted.
- There are families waiting to welcome a baby with disabilities into their family through adoption.
- Through open adoption, arrangements can be made to maintain contact with the adoptive family as your baby grows.
- There are different options available regarding the type of adoption you can plan for your baby. You can choose the type of adoption plan that will be best for you and your baby.
- There are professionals available to walk you through every aspect of the adoption process, to answer your questions and to assist you in determining if adoption is the best option for you and your baby. You may want to consider the counseling services available to both birth families and adoptive families when you are looking for an agency to walk you through the adoption process.
Take the opportunity to learn more about adoption and decide whether this is an option that may be right for you.
The information on this website is for general education purposes and should not be used as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.